eXpress provides the user with an advanced approach to development diagnostics to meet the requirements of diagnostic engineering. eXpress allows for:
- Testability Analysis – Fault Detection/Fault Isolation capabilities
- Prognostic Impact Analysis
- Fault Group Mitigation
- Analysis of the impact of diagnostics upon system safety, availability and cost of ownership.
Assessing the Testability of your system means more than simply stating Detection and Isolation statistics. It is also about the verification of the design concept itself. Through the most extensive Testability reports in the industry, eXpress can provide the data that supports nearly any analysis.
Impact of diagnostics upon system safety, availability and cost of ownership
DSI unique integration of diagnostics, FMECA, FTA and simulation provide a comprehensive look at how different diagnostic strategies and methods impact system safety, availability and cost of ownership.
Assessing the Impact of Diagnostic on Safety
- Calculating the relative criticality of failures based upon their severity, probability of occurrence and frequency of occurrence within the system operation.
- Ranking Fault Groups based upon their impact upon criticality.
- Calculating the likelihood of a critical failure based upon failures of redundant systems, system conditions and external events.
- Assessing how the likelihood of a critical failure occurring will be mitigated by the implementation of prognostics.
- Assessing how the likelihood of a critical failure occurring will be affected by different replacement strategies.
- Assessing to what degree the lowest level root causes of critical failures are detected and isolated.
Assessing the Impact of Diagnostic on Availability
- Calculating the mean time to diagnose, replace and repair.
- Assessing how different replacement strategies affects the mean time to repair.
- Ranking fault groups based upon their impact upon repair time.
Assessing the Impact of Diagnostic on Cost-Of-Ownership
Fault Group Mitigation
The “Fault Group Mitigation” report provides a clear method of analyzing fault groups by displaying the fault groups in descending order based upon their impact upon testability, system safety, cost to repair and time to repair.
Prognostic Impact Analysis